(Inclusive of all taxes)
Yellow Bells/Tecoma stans is a species of flowering perennial shrub in the trumpet vine family. Yellow trumpet bush is an attractive plant that is cultivated as an ornamental. It has sharply toothed, lance-shaped green leaves and bears large, showy, bright golden yellow trumpet-shaped flowers. The blooms appear in flushes throughout the growing season. The plant produces pods containing yellow seeds with papery wings. It is drought-tolerant and grows well in warm climates. The flowers attract bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds.
Marathi - Gaudichavdi
Tecoma gaudichaudi in full bloom
Click thumbnail for enlarged photo
Bignoniaceae or Jacaranda family
Sun growing, Semi shade
Normal, Can tolerate less
Primarily grown for:
Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
Flower or Inflorescence color:
Plant Height or length:
2 to 4 meters
Plant Spread or Width:
2 to 4 meters
Spreading, Upright or Erect
Generally available in India in quantities of:
- It is amongst the brightest yellow you can have in your garden.
- Native of West Indies & Texas to Argentina.
- Leaves 8-15 cm long.
- Flowers golden yellow, borne in large terminal panicle.
- Fruit a capsule, 15-22 cm long.
- A large erect shrub to small tree up to 4 m to 5 high.
- Very quick growing.
- It is very susceptible to waterlopping.
- Trim the height of the plant and to maintain a good shape.
- Will grow in all soils and moderate weather.
Disclaimer: The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.