125Rs Extra Discount on 1st Order Use Code : LOVE125 | All India Delivery | Largest Range of Plants
Find Me in >>
How to Sow and Plant
Kale may be direct sown for a spring and fall crop, or purchased as transplants for a fall crop.
Sowing Directly in the Garden:
- Sow in full sun in early spring and in midsummer for fall crop.
- In the Deep South, gulf, and pacific coast areas, sow from fall to early spring.
- Plant seeds evenly and thinly and cover with ¼ inch of soil.
- Firm lightly and water gently.
- Seedlings emerge in 10-21 days.
Planting from Transplants in Fall:
- Kale prefers rich, well-drained soil, and can tolerate some shade. Avoid areas where any member of the cabbage family grew the year before.
- Prepare the bed by turning the soil under to a depth of 8 inches. Level with a rake to remove clumps of grass and stones.
- Dig a hole for each plant large enough to amply accommodate the root ball. Space plants 1 – 1½ feet apart in rows 2 feet apart.
- Carefully remove the plant from its pot and gently loosen the root ball with your hands to encourage good root development.
- Place the top of the root ball even with the level of the surrounding soil. Fill with soil to the top of the root ball. Press soil down firmly with your hand.
- Thoroughly water and apply a light mulch layer on top of the soil (1-2 inches) to conserve water and reduce weeds.
Frequently bought together
Choose item to buy together
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments