- Dieffenbachia Compacta, Perfecta Plant
- Product Material : Natural Plant With Pot , Quantity : 1
- Pot : Height : 5 Inches (13 cm), Pot Colour : Black (Plastic)
- Very easy to maintain and Suitable for gifting to Plant Lovers
Plant height: 9 - 15 inches (22 - 39 cm)
Plant spread: 4 - 8 inches (10 - 21 cm)
Dieffenbachia is a perennial herbaceous plant with straight stem, simple and alternate leaves containing white spots and flecks, making it attractive as indoor foliage. Dieffenbachia is a broad-leaved foliage plant with thick succulent stems.
The large and showy dieffenbachia can be the perfect living decoration for the home or office. When you learn how to care for a dieffenbachia plant, you will find it to be adaptable to different kinds of lighting and conditions.
Common name(s): Dumb cane or leopard lily
Flower colours: White
Bloom time: Not defined
Max reachable height: 4 to 5 feet
Difficulty to grow: Easy
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Allow your plants to settle to your location first after receiving it.
- Do not overwater them suddenly.
- Check the moisture in the soil. If it is too dry then apply water gently.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
- Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Sunlight: Bright light but not direct sunlight
Soil: Well draining soil
Temperature: 17 to 27 degree Celsius
Fertilizer: Use of organic fertilizers
Caring for Dieffenbachia Compacta
- Refer for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Place your plant in a place that receives indirect bright light.
- It require well-drained soil rich in organic matter.
- Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Soil must never be allowed to dry out completely.
- Application of Fertilizer
- Apply organic fertilizers during spring and rainy season.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in required light condition.
- For re-potting procedure
- Wipe the dust from the leaves with a clean, damp cloth.
- Remove dead, decay and infected part of the plant.
- For insect attack apply neem oil or any organic insecticide.
Typical uses of Dieffenbachia Compacta
Special features: Dieffenbachia is popular as houseplants because of their tolerance of shade.
Ornamental use: The large and showy dieffenbachia can be the perfect living decoration for the home or office.
Disclaimer: The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.